1. Contract 1.1 These Terms apply to all orders, although these terms and conditions do not override individual contracts signed between Maximus I Holdings Limited and Client. For purpose of definition orders are signed Purchase Orders and confirmation in writing of a quote being accepted. Receipt of order by you, constitutes your acceptance that our conditions are the only conditions that apply to the contract. In addition payment of your first invoice by you, constitutes your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
1.2 Your agreement and business relationship is with Maximus I Holdings Limited for the term of your project and any hosting or ongoing work thereafter. Registered address: 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ Company number: 12103784
1.3 Invoices and Contracts must be signed off in digital writing and orders are accepted subject to our right to adjust prices due to an increase in wages, taxation, production costs or other reasonable increases. 597 Degrees will carry out work specified within the contract document. Invoices are only valid for 14 days and all prices are subject to VAT.
1.4 Any discounts are offered on the strict understanding that the accounts are paid by the due date. We reserve the right to invoice for any such discounts on accounts which become overdue.
2. Invoicing and Payment Terms 2.1 Unless otherwise agreed or stipulated, our standard invoicing terms for the Web Projects are 50% upfront as a non-refundable deposit invoice to be paid before work commences upon accepting instructions. A further 25% is invoiced upon design approval or when a proofing link is emailed and no more work will be carried out until that invoice is settled. The final 25% will be invoiced upon completion / delivery / sign off and must be paid. If no requests for amendments or are provided, or the client fails to provide content and/or instruction within four weeks, the final 25% will be invoice and is payable.
All website invoices must be paid in full prior to go-live*.
*Please note that we do everything we can to keep a project on track, content collation is often underestimated. If you are unable to provide all your content by the time we have done your build, it does not mean we have not done our job. Once your site is built and ready to go live, whether it has placeholder images or dummy text we will issue our final invoice.
2.1.1 Unless otherwise agreed or stipulated, our standard invoicing terms for the Marketing Projects are paid 100% upfront before any work commences upon accepting instructions. Marketing projects have a minimum 3 month commitment.
2.2 Any costs for print or advertising production must be paid in advance of a job going to print and must be settled before print delivery date. Print jobs will only be dispatched when payment is settled in full. We cannot be held responsible for delays caused in waiting for funds to clear.
2.3 597 Degrees do not offer credit terms. Invoices are payable within 14 days of the dated invoice and any late payments will incur a cost of 5% per month above the Bank of England base rate. In the event of late or missed payments 597 Degrees reserves the right to take down any website without notice.
2.4 Payment is currently acceptable by BACS, CHAPS transfer or cash. Please note that we do not accept cheques.
2.5 Clients must raise objections to invoices within 48 hours of the date of the invoice. Any failure to object within this period is deemed as acceptance of the invoice.
3. Project Work 3.1 Variances are defined as additional requests falling out of scope of the project brief or agreed proposal or if a sitemap, design, website advertising has been signed off and change requests are made after that point. Variances will be charged for on top of the quoted price at an hourly rate of £50 plus VAT and will impact on your project timeline. (Or quoted for separately as a new job if this is expected to take more than 6 hours labour).
3.2 A project brief or scope will be agreed prior to work commencing. Clients must at their own expense supply 597 Degrees with all necessary materials and information to provide the services laid out in the order. We request all assets and content for a project to be supplied up front at the start of a project. 597 Degrees cannot be held responsible for delays to a project caused by lack of necessary information, content or sign off.
3.3 We maintain the right to refuse any material which may be deemed to be offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, menacing or in any breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other right or in any way thought to be unsuitable for reproduction. We accept no responsibility for the content of a client’s website, advertising or printed material.
3.4 A project’s official start date is the date your first payment clears and funds are accessible in our bank account. Estimated delivery dates are not guaranteed. We try our best to meet these deadlines, however we can not be held liable if the project is delayed due to issues beyond our control such as; delay in client passing on content to the project manager, technical issues, employee sickness, 3rd party issues, changes to the brief, force majeure.
3.5 For the website projects, we will offer a reasonable amount of bug fixing and support via email and telephone up to 7 days after delivery of your website. Thereafter, change requests, fixes whether bug fixes or due to misuse will be chargeable at our standard hourly rate of £50 per hour.
3.5.1 For marketing projects, support and reporting will be available based on individual contract conditions between 597 Degrees and Individual Client that has signed Marketing Contract.
3.6 Your website footer will contain a discreet link back to our website. If you wish for this to be removed it must be agreed before commencement of your web project and there will be a charge of £250 for the request. You also agree to 597 Degrees to place work samples on our own website and for use in our own promotion.
4. Hosting 4.1 If a client requires 597 Degrees to purchase a domain name, that can be transferred to the client at any time upon request save for overdue accounts and 597 Degreesdoes not claim IP for any domain name purchased for and on behalf of a client.
4.2 If the client has purchased the domain name you must be able to manage the DNS settings and repoint the ‘A’ and ‘WWW’ records to our web server IP address which will be provided to you. If you require assistance to do this there will be an admin charge of £45. We cannot accept responsibility for failure to repoint the domain name or being unable to work with your chosen domain host.
4.3 In the instance of website hosting, it is assumed that a website is hosted with 597 Degrees unless otherwise agreed in advance. Our maintenance package to keep your website updated and secure on our server is mandatory along with a hosting package (prices will be provided with your project proposal).
4.4 Website migration. Should you wish to terminate a hosting agreement it must be provided in writing in accordance with these Terms. Migration of a hosted website to an alternative host provider will incur an admin fee for preparing files and backups of the database which will be supplied on disc. It must be noted that we cannot be held responsible for installing a website on a third party server and / or ensuring the website works on a third party server. The associated admin fee for migration will not exceed £380 and will be confirmed upon request if the occasion arises. However, in reference to clause 3.4 and where any bespoke coding has been created by 597 Degrees, a figure will be negotiated to sell the IP of that website or code to a client.
4.5 Sites that we build are editable within the design, character limits and some restrictions will be in place to avoid the design ‘breaking’ when content changes. For all websites with Content Management Systems hosted with 597 Degrees, editor access will be granted to the website. Requests for administrator or FTP access will be denied in all circumstances. Clients will not be given admin access, if this is a requirement then the website must be on a dedicated server and a different pricing structure will be applicable.
5. General Terms 5.1 This agreement may be terminated by either Maximus I Holdings Limited or you providing written notice is given to the other party in a reasonable time frame, 30 days. Upon cancellation of any project, 597 Degrees reserves the right to invoice for all work completed until such time. You will be liable for any third party costs incurred prior to cancellation of the contract.
5.2 Complaints must be made at the time of receiving printed goods and any complaints thereafter 24 hours are void. For any other work, complaints must be raised in a timely and constructive manner to your project contact in writing. 597 Degrees will endeavour to respond to and rectify any reasonable issues arising quickly and efficiently.
5.3 597 Degrees does not implicitly offer exclusivity to any client for their defined industry. If this is required an acceptable fee and reasonable duration will be negotiated on a case-by- case basis.
5.4 597 Degrees warrants and represents to the Client that it will perform its obligations under these Terms with reasonable skill and care. Our liability for loss or damage suffered by you in respect of goods or work carried out and your brand shall be limited to the contract value of the goods. In respect of websites being taken down in the event of overdue accounts, we accept no responsibility for damages (indirect or direct, loss of profits, revenue or goodwill of the client) and any claim will be void. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the rights of the consumer.
5.5 We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and any adjustments will be provided in writing to you.
5.6 This contract between ourselves the Company and the Client shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.